Two months into blogging and I receive my second nomination woohoo!! Poppie, a fellow lip-balm hoarder, was kind enough to think of me as one of her nominees. Thanks Poppie. Do a lip-balm collection post so I know which ones to add to my collection 😉
The rules for this award are :
- Thank the nominator and link them.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Add 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via a comment.
So here are the 7 facts about myself :
- I love chocolates and I always used to think this isn’t a fact I should say about myself because I mean who doesn’t love chocolates? But I am starting to realise there are certain people whose taste buds aren’t developed for the elite confectionery. And I have suspicions that these are not normal human beings but in fact aliens who have been dropping onto Earth while we have been asleep. Chocolate is heaven. The person whose brilliant idea to mix bitter cocoa and sugar to create this delicious monstrosity should be awarded all types of prizes and awards. Meanwhile the idiotic person whose idea to combine mint and chocolate should be sued and sent to jail for eternity because why would you mix toothpaste and chocolate like bleehh? Readers who love the combo : I apologise for offending you and I shall send you your very own mint flavoured chocolate shortly 🙂
- Throughout my primary and secondary years of schooling I have changed 6 schools. One of them was a madarsa (Islamic religious school) where I memorised the whole Quran. Because of this I have heaps of friends from different schools. But because of the short durations I spent at each school (3 years approx. except madarsa where I spent 5 years), we have limited memories of the time spent together and are currently just facebook hi bye friends.
- I am a shy person when you meet me at first and you have to interrogate me quite a bit before I open up. I am currently working on it and have recently befriended a girl at my university : Beatriz of the fall post fame..
- I am not the type of person who clings to ex-friends (by that I don’t mean we have become enemies or dislike each other but with whom I am no longer in regular contact). I guess changing so many schools does that to you.
- I am a sensitive person. I do get offended but I do not show it.Hence people often mistake me to be unfazed by cold hard comments and throw philosophical rocks.I tend to care for people’s feelings and do my best to not hurt anyone which results in people taking advantage of it but I wouldn’t do it any other way because I have the Prophet’s and my mum’s example ahead of me.
- I am a cheesy person and a comment on my blog by you lovely readers makes my day. I go back and read some comments when I am feeling down and it brightens up my mood so thank you.
- I have two brothers Khalid and Mikaeel and we have never fought alhumdulillah contrary to public expectations. Exasperated parents often come up to us and my parents and ask the secret of the unity. My parents’ way of upbringing and the maturity and sacrificial attitude they instilled in us right from the start is the key I guess.
The list of lovely people who I would like to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award are :
Hope you all had a great weekend.Until next time.